Plus my top 3 evening wear blouses.
If you’re stressing over what to wear to your Christmas drinks, you are not alone. I’ve been talking to a lot of people who feel a bit rusty on Christmas party wear, not a surprise after two years in lockdown!
I hope you are all going to glamorous black tie events but, if you’re like me and the majority of my clients, your ‘do’ will be a low key affair. For that, you’ll require an outfit that is special but not so spangly and bling that you feel uncomfortable.
If you’re looking for some outfit inspiration, I’ve put together this video along with some tips on how you can create an evening outfit you love.
- Keep it simple. Start with an outfit formula that works for you. My simple outfit formula = wide leg trousers + blouse + accessories. See below for my top three evening wear blouses.
- Accessories will take the look from day to evening so choose statement pieces that elevate the outfit. The bonus is they are far easier to take to the office than a ball gown!
- Plan ahead and look in your wardrobe before buying new clothes.Sometimes our wardrobes are so packed we can’t see what’s there. Take time to go through the styles you have and don’t leave it to the last minute!
- Choose neutral accessories that work together so you can wear them with lots of outfits. Metallics are ideal for this.You can see I’m able to use the same earrings, bag and shoes with a variety of outfits.
- Avoid wearing something that doesn’t feel like ‘you’ as it will ruin your night. These looks are all tried and tested garments I feel comfortable with. While I’m all for breaking out of your comfort zone, the party season is not the best time to experiment!
My top three statements blouses
Sezane Zelda blouse
Zara embroidered velvet blouse
Anthropologie Taffeta wrap blouse
Need a hand to find an outfit or two?
If you need a hand to find outfits you love for an event, work, weekend or all of these, I can help. I have a range of styling services designed to help you look good and feel great.
If you would like to book a styling session or to arrange a FREE consultation call drop me a line.
PS You can also sign up to receive my FREE monthly style blog direct to your inbox. You’ll be first to receive my blog of seasonal style tips and shopping edits. You’ll also get special subscriber discounts and offers.
Click here to get your style updates.
Love to dress with more style and confidence?
Get my top 10 tips and discover how to transform your style - and dress with confidence. Sign up now for your free copy.