Plus the best styles on the high street
Ever since Kate Moss was pictured in a pair in the Bottega Veneta Spring 23 catwalk show fashion writers have been going nuts for full length wide leg jeans, aka baggy jeans.
I’m not one for following trends for the sake of it but this is a style I love because it is flattering, suits most figures and well, it’s denim – a key wardrobe staple. It seems Kate is responsible for many of our denim trends according to this article ‘Kate Moss’ jeans’ in Vogue.
You can’t underestimate the impact a new style of jeans has on your wardrobe. They’ll give your outfits a new lease of life and will take you from the park to the office and then onto a bar.
There’s some tips below for details on how to find your ideal pair. If you would like some outfit inspiration take a look at this video on Instagram which has had over 18k views!
Tips to help you find your perfect pair of jeans
* They should be fitted around the waist and bum as this is far more flattering.
* Choose high or mid rise to lengthen legs.If you’re petite mid rise is best and ensure the leg isn’t too wide.
* There are a lot of very low rise styles around. Beware! They makes legs look shorter and show off the midriff. Best left to teens I think.
* Despite recent press reports, YOU CAN WEAR THEM AT ANY AGE! The key is to find a pair that’s right for your body shape.
* Knowing what footwear to wear is not so straight forward. For tips on ‘what trousers go with what boots check out my previous Instagram reel.
* They are very versatile and look just as good with a smart blazer as they do a casual t-shirt – ideal for a smart casual work wardrobe.
* They are not so great for sitting down all day when you’re working from home…if you get my gist!
The top 3 baggy jeans on the high street
Note: I haven’t included the jeans Kate wore but if you’ve got a spare £600 to spend, you can find them here.
Mid rise wide leg baggy jeans – Zara
The baggy jeans – Everlane
Wide leg jeans – Mango
Now’s the perfect time to refresh your wardrobe
If you need some help to refresh your style, Queen Bee Styling has a range of styling services designed to help you achieve stylish, effortless outfits that look good and feel great.
Taking action today to create a stylish wardrobe that you love is something you will reap the benefit from for months and years to come.
So if you’re ready to ditch dated styles and create a wardrobe that you love to wear and gives you confidence, get in touch today.
You can also sign up to receive my FREE monthly style blog direct to your inbox. You’ll get seasonal style tips, shopping advice and subscriber discount offers too. Click here to get your style updates.
Love to dress with more style and confidence?
Get my top 10 tips and discover how to transform your style - and dress with confidence. Sign up now for your free copy.