The blazer has always been a wardrobe staple and now it’s firmly back on the hot list. This can only be good news as there is a style out there for every figure , every budget and every occasion. Bright or pastel tones are a brilliant way of adding a much needed touch of spring to your wardrobe after the long slog of winter. You may have noted that the brightly coloured blazer has long been a favourite look of Angela Merkel. Whilst I admire her for being one of the most powerful women on the planet, you may not want to copy her sartorial style. If that’s the case here are a few tips to help you avoid doing a ‘Merkel’:-
1. Don’t wear with all black – for formal work wear mix with a combination of soft neutrals such as navy and grey. For extra fashion points buy the matching trousers and wear as a suit.
2. Do wear with jeans – to be fair to Angela she doesn’t have the luxury of this choice when on the world stage. Most of us mere mortals do though and the beauty of the blazer is it works just as well with casual as smart outfits.
3. Colour block – if you’re feeling brave enough, clash with contrasting colours. Lilac and yellow is one of the colour combinations of the season – really!
4. Get the fit right – like jeans, you may have to try a few styles on before you find the right one. Avoid any style where the hemline sits on the widest part of the hips as this will only accentuate them.
– a few delicate necklaces worn together looks so much fresher and doesn’t distract from gorgeous blazer.
Here are my top 3 styles across the price points:-
This yellow blazer is made in jumbo cord which gives a beautifully soft lustre to the gorgeous colour. It would look great with a lilac top underneath – see point 3 above.
Peach and blazer are two words that I never thought I would put together in my blog. It just goes to show how fashion (and I ) can evolve! It’s no coincidence that this style is also double breasted as it’s the key blazer shape of the season. Beware though, it can be trickier to find the right fit than the one button style.
Pink has been rebranded and shows no sign of going away. This stunning one button blazer is made from a soft twill fabric so it drapes nicely. If you’re looking for a jacket to wear for a smart occasion this would be ideal draped over the shoulders.
If you would like some help to refresh, renew and recharge your spring wardrobe please drop me a line.
Please share these tips with your friends by passing this email on.
Have a great month!
Love to dress with more style and confidence?
Get my top 10 tips and discover how to transform your style - and dress with confidence. Sign up now for your free copy.